Soros letter

Mark Jones Jones_M at netcomuk.co.uk
Thu Aug 13 23:51:42 PDT 1998

Dennis, for the year or so we've been doing this, you have been talking about a 'wall of money' which any day now was gonna roll east from the mighty EU; I have been talking about the looming (and probably final) crisis of capitalism, and Doug has been coyly sitting on his thumbs. Suddenly, Lo! you're up with the times. But we are still way ahead of you, because we've begin to think concretely about what comes NEXT, after the markets founder and the integrity of the world market is breached: what KINDS of fascism, war and revolution, and what our tasks are, bearing in mind that pace Anwar Shaikh there is NO possibility of a long wave upturn afterwards (if there is any afterwards): no oil, booming barios abd anthropogenic climate change are the flanks and head of the valley neoliberalism is charging into. The fall of the SU was just a premonition of sytemic failure to come...

The trouble with you geezers is that your foreshortened historical perspective also applies to yourselves; a little humility will be in order any day now.I won't let you forget your collective cowardice in predicting the future and your general inability to see beyond the end of Wall Street.

Mark

-- Mark Jones http://www.geocities.com/~comparty