Cato Ad Infinito

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 14 10:10:13 PDT 1998

jf noonan wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> It is pretty surreal that a corporation should be treated as a person, but,
>> on the other hand, I'm not sure what the folks who make a big deal out of
>> this want to see in its place.
>
>Who are the folks that make a big deal of this? This
>corporation-as-person thing doesn't seem to get much press, including
>the left press and including left oriented mailling lists. My brother
>was the person that first pointed out the to me how silly it is, and I
>know he doesn't want to continue it.

Well, there's that fine pamphlet by Frank Adams and Richard Grossman, Taking Care of Business, and the Project on Corporations, Law, and Democracy that Grossman is doing with Ward Morehouse. (POCLAD should have a web site, but I can't find it.) Every time I give a talk or take calls on the radio, someone asks about it, too, so the message is getting around somehow.

Doug