Mumia ad

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 14 10:32:27 PDT 1998

[This post from Michael E bounced]

Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 09:22:20 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <2.2.16.19980814092443.4d178180 at pop.igc.org> X-Sender: meisenscher at pop.igc.org X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 2.2 (16) Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" To: (Recipient list suppressed) From: DennisNFD at aol.com (by way of Michael Eisenscher <meisenscher at igc.apc.org>) Subject: mumia ad

Update on the Campaign to Place a Support Ad for Mumia Abu-Jamal in the New York Times (8/13/98)

We will soon have enough money to place the ad in the daily edition of the New York Times. Of course, we would prefer to be in the Sunday edition (which costs much more). The Sunday edition is where the anti-Mumia ad appeared, and is the readership that needs most to see our reply.

There have also been a large number of small contributions from people who cannot afford $250 to be listed in the ad, but who understand the importance of placing this ad and using it to raise money for Mumia's legal defense. This is very important and Mumia will be getting the complete list of every-one who has donated to make the ad possible.

Here are some of the people who have signed so far:

Johann Christoph Arnold Ed Asner Harry Belafonte Daniel & Philip Berrigan Terry Bisson Dennis Brutus Owen Chamberlain (Nobel laureate) Noam Chomsky Johnnie L. Cochran, Jr. Angela Davis Ossie Davis E.L. Doctorow Mike Farrell Carol Bernstein Ferry Frances Goldin Leon Golub/Nancy Spero Stephen Jay Gould Bishop Thomas Gumbleton, Stuart Hanlon (attorney for Geronimo Ji Jaga) Edward Herman Adam Hochschild (founder of Mother Jones magazine) Rev. Jesse Jackson Maxine Hong Kingston C. Clark Kissinger Jonathan Kozol John Landis Frederick Marx (producer/director of "Hoop Dreams") Brian McWilliams (Int'l. President, I.L.W.U.) Monica Moorehead Rage Against the Machine Robert Rockwell, M.D. Pete Seeger Seven Women Political Prisoners Mark Taylor Archbishop Desmond Tutu (Nobel laureate) Alice Walker Per Walsoe (Judge of the Supreme Court of Denmark) Cornel West

There is still time to get your contribution and signature in, if you hurry.

Refuse & Resist! 305 Madison Avenue #1166 New York, NY 10165 voice: 212-713-5657 email: refuse at calyyx.com