Immiseration, was Krugman on Marx

WolfSave at aol.com WolfSave at aol.com
Fri Aug 14 18:20:45 PDT 1998

<< The final section is called "Marx and Engels on Malthus and Darwinism". This is interesting, to say the least. Now, since we've edged towarded "Darwinism," perhaps you or someone else might site a good source f <<Forthe complex relation between Malthus and Darwin see S.J. Gould's essay "Darwin's Middle Road" in *The Panda's Thumb* (Norton, 1980) and the references cited therein.> Actually, I've read part of this and placed it on a bookshelf not four feet away. I guess I should get back to it, considering. Gould does do good work.

<<There is also a good collection called *Marx and Engels on Ecology* ed. Howard Parsons (Greenwood, 1977).>> Good word!!! Thanks so much.