under-35s

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Sun Aug 16 22:24:44 PDT 1998

I just turned 28 and I don't remember communism even being mentioned while I was growing up. I grew up in an idlyllic suburb of Chicago. I remember riding the bus to school and a bunch of kids were yelling that if Carter was re-elected it would be the end of the world. I thought they were all knobs.

I remember Reagan in the background blabbing "blah, blah, blah" yadda yadda yadda. And I had an intinctual dislike towards him. A stoner older bother of one of my friends turned me on to Peter Gabriel and I loved his song about Steven Biko and when after a little digging I read about South Aftica, I found out how the communists were helping there.

And there was that movie where the reds invaded the U.S.A. and were trying to kill Patrick Swayze. I thought at the time, "sign me up!"

Peter