California

alec ramsdell a_ramsdell at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 18 08:25:35 PDT 1998

>I am curious if any of the LBOer's have any comments on either of
>Davis's books?

_City of Quartz_ is truly rad, as we say in So. Cal. Good and punchy (like _Wall Street_). I'm attracted by some kind of sentiment too, since MD grew up in San Diego County (can't recall just now where).

Not through _Ecology of Fear_ yet.

However, as my friend noted out, what's up with the bio blurb: Mike Davis was a truckdriver and meat-packer(?) and now teaches Urban Theory. Surely he got some higher education in between. Why the academic self-loathing :-)? There's no shame.

-Alec