OPE-L (was Re: Krugman on Marx)

Andrew Kliman Andrew_Kliman at email.msn.com
Wed Aug 19 05:24:15 PDT 1998

Mark Jones wrote:

"Enough."

No, not enough. I don't know whether he thinks his arrogant, patronizing comment that "I even think that Andrew has a role to play" is some sort of substitute for a direct response to my challenge, but it isn't.

I therefore repeat the challenge:

"having read Kliman on Okishio (what exactly, please?), [Jones] finds that it doesn't advance 'a jot or a tittle beyond the debates about Morishima.'... I challenge Jones to defend this statement seriously, or to retract it. For instance, I'd like to see him demonstrate that my work, and the similar work of John Ernst, Alejandro Ramos, and Alan Freeman, has not in fact refuted the Okishio Theorem on its own terms -- the irrefutability of which was taken for granted in the days of the debates about Morishima."

Andrew ("Drewk") Kliman Home: Dept. of Social Sciences 60 W. 76th St., #4E Pace University New York, NY 10023 Pleasantville, NY 10570 (914) 773-3951 Andrew_Kliman at msn.com

"... the *practice* of philosophy is itself *theoretical.* It is the *critique* that measures the individual existence by the essence, the particular reality by the Idea." -- K.M.