OPE-L (was Re: Krugman on Marx)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Aug 19 05:28:47 PDT 1998

Andrew Kliman:
>I challenge Jones to defend this statement
>seriously, or to retract it. For instance, I'd like to see him
>demonstrate that my work, and the similar work of John Ernst,
>Alejandro Ramos, and Alan Freeman,
>has not in fact refuted the Okishio Theorem on its own terms --
>the irrefutability of which was taken for granted in the days of
>the debates about Morishima."

Now Morishima is a character that I have some knowledge about and I might even add my own two cents. He was an outstanding novelist despite his reactionary politics. For my money, "Forbidden Colors" is one of the finest novels dealing with homosexual themes in the 20th century. I would recommend that comrades read this novel not only for its sensitive treatment of the gay subculture in Tokyo, but also for its extended discussion of Bohm-Bawerk in the pentultimate chapter.

Louis Proyect