clean & sober living

alec ramsdell a_ramsdell at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 13:43:31 PDT 1998

Look out! I'm on a rant roll.

I've been living at a clean & sober living house for the past 4 mos (tight housing market in SF). The organization is called TLC. Ahw.

This is how tender and loving they are:

Rent is prohibitively expensive, only available to those within a certain income bracket. The Pres came by to sit in on our house meeting the other night. I missed the meeting, but at one point, addressing other house-mates contentions, the guy said (in so many words), well, yeah, it's expensive, you wouldn't want the type that lives down in our San Jose house living here would you (read: to be poor and black is to be an universal menace). What an asshole, we all opined.

New policy as of this month: $150 deposit. If you "go out"--relapse-- you lose the money. Back at treatment center they told us 8 out of 10 of us would "go out." TLC is thinkin'!

That is all.

Back to the dictaphone.

-Alec