la revolution

Mark Jones Jones_M at netcomuk.co.uk
Sat Aug 22 11:35:35 PDT 1998

Brad De Long wrote:

> Can't I just wish for a high-pressure economy in which unemployment is low,
> businesses are eager to train, educate, and cosset their workers, and I can
> vote with my feet for the most pleasant employer?

The problem, Brad, is that you already live in that economy, and the price which the other 90% of humans pays is to live somewhere much less convivial, and they always will until you and I agree to give up a few things and share a little more. That's what social-ism means (social democracy is just a tax-deductible conscience-saver).

-- Mark Jones http://www.geocities.com/~comparty