la revolution

Sat Aug 22 11:33:14 PDT 1998

Re:

>Well for one, the workers should control the conditions of their
>labor, not a bunch of elite technocrats.
>
>Doug

Well, speaking as an elite technocrat...

How many meetings would I (or the average worker) have to go to? If "controlling the conditions of [your] labor" means that you have to give up any pretense at having a life because of the extra meetings you have to go to, it would seem to be a mixed blessing at best...

Can't I just wish for a high-pressure economy in which unemployment is low, businesses are eager to train, educate, and cosset their workers, and I can vote with my feet for the most pleasant employer?

Brad DeLong