exclusion (Re: la revolution)

Doyle Saylor djsaylor at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 23 21:16:53 PDT 1998

Hello everyone,

I wanted to second Michael Eisenscher's point. I will copy it here.

Louis,

Even accepting your interpretation of what Withrow said, lots of members of the working class hold these views. Is this how you deal with anyone who expresses an opinion that is or could be interpreted to be inherently backward? How will we make a revolution if you cannot engage those folks in a conversation in which we can discuss the meaning of their views and what you think is wrong with them? You are so quick to label and condemn, so judgmental, intemperate and emotional in your reaction that it is almost inevitable that you will provoke an equally emotional response -- which then degenerates into tit-for-tat exchanges of insults and sacrasm (of which you are admittedly an accomplished practitioner). I say this not to put you down or to provoke a defensive reaction, but in hopes that you will accept these comments as comradely criticism from one who considers many of your contributions to the list to be engaging, invaluable and enlightening.

In solidarity, Michael E.

In solidarity, Doyle Saylor