exclusion (Re: la revolution)

Mark Jones Jones_M at netcomuk.co.uk
Mon Aug 24 00:12:35 PDT 1998

Doyle Saylor wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I wanted to second Michael Eisenscher's point. I will copy it here.

I kind of second it too, which is also a mea culpa since I am one of the culprits. Sorry, James Withrow, whoever you are. Why do I flip? Because I find the peculiar combination of complacency and stark ignorance which is so evident among the right-wingers on this list very dispiriting and frustrating and recently I let go much more than I ought; but it doesn't advance matters much.

I do wish people would recollect that the purpose of this kind of list is precisely to question received ideas and to propose alternative (and also totalising) world-views. So people should not be surprised therefore when they actually do find opinions which haven't leapt straight out of the lipo'd, lip-glossed rictus-grin of a CNN reporter or the mental morass of the WP or NYT or BW.

Mark