Brother can you spare a dime?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Aug 24 07:50:49 PDT 1998

>Dear Maggie,
>
>There was a report on NPR that empty cargo containers were piling up in west
>coast ports---because there was no cargo being shipped in the other
direction.
>Can any of the LBOers confirm this report.
>
>Sincerely,
>Tom

This reminds me of an interesting anecdote. I ran into a neighbor on the elevator the other day who has a printing company that caters to the financial industry. I asked him how business was. He replied terrible. What was the problem? It seems that brokerage houses are shying away from IPOs because the future looks so uncertain. That's how he makes most of his money, by printing up fancy IPO literature.

Louis Proyect (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)