Fewer But Better List Members

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Mon Aug 24 11:09:04 PDT 1998

LP is on another of his purification crusades, with support from CC and cheerleading from MP and others (in the form of unprovoked, contemptuous responses to JW).

This reflects the style of cadre organizations and cults (sometimes the same thing, but not always), where intimidation is a substitute for argument, or the posture of those with no political grip. Going through this experience as a member of such a group is a good cure for illusions about totalitarianism of the left variety.

As Michael E. noted, what's at issue here is how one talks to others, for the sake of political progress. The Three Amigos' (TTA) technique boils down to moral harangue and doomsday predictions. Note that Mike, a real live organizer, never descends to this, even when he's blown his top over what someone says. This is further testimony to the political non- existence of the TTA.

I'm intrigued, in this vein, at being characterized as a 'troll,' (worth having around or not) meaning marginal to this list, by the TTA. I may be to the right of a majority of the list, but my impression is that the TTA are several extra standard deviations to the left, relatively speaking. Note the TTA can't even agree sufficiently among themselves to be in the same organization. Who's zooming who?

>I think he should be expelled. Doug has no problems with right-wing thought
as long as it is intelligently expressed. Withrow clearly does not get to first base.>

LP can't see first base because he's too far out in left field, in foul territory, no less.

Cheers,

MBS