la revolution

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Mon Aug 24 16:32:55 PDT 1998

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Mark Jones wrote:
>
> > My agent just told me that 4/5 of US citizens don't have a passport
> > and never go abroad. You wouldn't be one of that unhappy majority,
> > by any chance?
>
> Speaking of which, I once heard that Ronald Reagan had never been
> abroad before he became president. Anyone know if this is true?
>
> Doug

Nonsense. You obviously never heard. He was abroad during the Second World War, when he single-handedly liberated Auschwitz.

To deny that this is a *true fact*, you'd have to assert that Reagan, as President of the United States, told the American public a lie. As we all know by reading the newspapers these days, THAT unimaginable outrage never happened, no not even ever once, until after Bill Clinton met Monica Lewinsky.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net