Is council communism anarchism?

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Sun Aug 30 09:11:43 PDT 1998

> Apologies. This was a poor attempt at humor in reference to your
> "wake me up

I wasn't offended, just bewildered. Once you're described as almost a provocateur and an impending obstacle to the Rev which will have to be, ahem, removed, 'Rumple-etc.' is not too disquieting.

> when the apocalypse is over" comment. If Latin America goes down for the
> count, thereby hurting U.S. and European exports, and U.S. businesses stop
> investing in equipment, etc., and the voracious U.S. consumer stops to
> belch, I still think we could have a crash, possibly followed by global
> depression if the central banks don't coordinate and supply the
> market with liquidity.>

Me too, with emphasis on the word 'could.'

> The funny thing is, the central bankers were in Jackson Hole, Wyoming the
> other day discussing income inequality of all things. . . .

Actually the Post reported this a.m. that the inequality discussion was deferred, or maybe interrupted, in favor of other topics.

We've been discussing post-bubble scenarios at work, including what to do in anticipation and in response.

Cheers,

MBS