Is council communism anarchism?

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Sun Aug 30 08:02:15 PDT 1998

>'Rumplestilskin'?
>
>MBS

Apologies. This was a poor attempt at humor in reference to your "wake me up when the apocalypse is over" comment. If Latin America goes down for the count, thereby hurting U.S. and European exports, and U.S. businesses stop investing in equipment, etc., and the voracious U.S. consumer stops to belch, I still think we could have a crash, possibly followed by global depression if the central banks don't coordinate and supply the market with liquidity.

The funny thing is, the central bankers were in Jackson Hole, Wyoming the other day discussing income inequality of all things. It was planned as the theme of this particular meeting before last week's convulsions and they politely stuck to the plan, keeping up appearances - even though they were probably thinking to themselves "who gives a shit about income inequality?" as they listened to speaker after speaker on the subject or as they were out on their hikes, communing with nature. Forgive the hyperbole, but it's as if the officers of the Titanic were discussing the finer points of the bilge pump.