still thinking about Louis' cop

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Aug 30 07:52:26 PDT 1998

>So, I guess I wonder why we would assume this wasn't just an arbitrary
>assertion of cop power. No offense meant (although I suspect it will be
>taken), but this truck me as a bit locker room-ish, with the assumptions
>that "yeah, she wanted me."
>
>Of course, maybe Louism just looks *really* good in a pair of shorts.
>
>Cheers,
>Frances

Actually, the whole thing--as much of nearly everything I write--was supposed to be funny. I am 53 years old and not really that much to look at. My mom thinks I am good looking, but that's about it. Not only am I rather diminuitive, I am unsmiling if not glowering most of the time.

The only reason I brought the anecdote up was that a cop was involved. Considering that the FBI has considered me worthy of over 500 pages of surveillance over the years, there was a certain irony involved. I mine bits and pieces of everyday life for their possibilities to entertain people. I am a big fan of Harry Shearer's "Le Radio Show" to let you know where I am coming from. As far as locker-room chat is concerned, I am the guy who always was too shy to take a shower in front of other men and got the towel snapped on my ass too many times to mention.

Louis Proyect (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)