Proportional Representation (Was Re: la revolution)

james withrow withrow21 at webtv.net
Mon Aug 31 10:16:10 PDT 1998

So then, how might we make PR happen in the U.S.?

The typical route for political reforms is thru the states and municipalities. I thought I'd read an article last year that San Francisco had adopted PR for its city council. Anybody else know anything about that?

If PR were used by a few cities, then we'd have some domestic success stories to point to and maybe we could make it spread. Once we got to the state level, combining PR with unicameralism might be saleable as an efficient and cost-saving improvement.

James

-------------- next part -------------- An embedded message was scrubbed... From: Chris Burford <cburford at gn.apc.org> Subject: Re: Proportional Representation (Was Re: la revolution) Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 23:57:48 +0100 Size: 3388 URL: <../attachments/19980831/4a8ce3ae/attachment.eml>