Greetings, Freaknik,Domestic Policy, George Update

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Tue Dec 1 10:09:58 PST 1998

pms wrote:

> Did I mention the Harpers piece a few months ago, couple making $100,00, in
> debt, no house, thrift store furniture, no car. Three kids, getting top
> notch educations, and a lot of cultural events in the city, NY I think.
> And, oh yea, they had a nice chunk in retirement plans. But I did kinda
> feel for em.

Yeah, I remember that couple of insufferable, whining, $130,000-a-year-not-enough, overclass wannabes. Funny how they run up those Eddie Bauer and Blomingdales cards to the limit, being so thrifty and all. They are going bankrupt so that their kids won't have to sit in class with the (black and latino) rubble, and you feel for them?

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique