Greetings, Freaknik,Domestic Policy, George Update

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 1 10:02:24 PST 1998

Hi Gilbert,

SnitgrrRl has sanctioned me the official LBO greeter, so welcome. If you weren't here, you should ask Henry for his wonderful essay on Chinese history. Lots about Doaism, Buddhism, Legalism, etc., etc. If Henry ever comes back, that is. boo-hoo.

FREAKNIK

>large amounts of blacks to getogether. And worse,
>that they're driving around in nice shiny new cars and
>wearing kewl clothes, cause that means they're uppity.
>The point isn't that they necessarily resist
>mainstream values per se, but that they take over
>public space and reappropriate it for their own
>purposes. Early Freaknik surely did this.
>Oh and the national Harley Rally in South Dakota is a
>good place to see da police cracking white people's
>heads.

I only remember the last few years, but the bummer part is these kids DON'T take over public space. They are corraled in. It's horrible. I can't believe a group of parents hasn't sued the city.

EARTH DAY Speaking of criminals(as Lou called Malecki, who I could have sworn was one of those dead guys, like Ricardo), am I the only person on the planet that didn't know that the founder of Earth Day is a fugitive in France,, accused of stuffing his girlfriend in a steamer truck and keeping her in the closet? The article I read didn't mention if he claimed not to know about the trunk, or just that he didn't kill her. What a hoot that this is one of the biggest mainstream eco thing. Shit, it's on all the kid shows. Hey I'm starting to be able to type!

FOUCOULT

I know the name and that's all. Is this guy really, really good? What is he-philosopher?

LACAN
> . . . My favorite is Lacan's identification of the erect penis with the
>square root of minus one, . . .

So is this why they say that "one is the lonliest number..."

>Bullshit.
>
>More bullshit, this last.
>
>>More bullshit, this last.
>
>>This last remark is a month out of date.
>
>MBS

Jeez, Max, tell us how you really feel. The whole list has gone mad. Mad, I say.

Hey Maxie, how many families do make over $100,000. 150, 250, etc?

Did I mention the Harpers piece a few months ago, couple making $100,00, in debt, no house, thrift store furniture, no car. Three kids, getting top notch educations, and a lot of cultural events in the city, NY I think. And, oh yea, they had a nice chunk in retirement plans. But I did kinda feel for em.

If education, and for many, healthcare are no longer accessible to those with moderate income, and housing and cars seem to me, more inflated that other stuff, you can make pretty much money and still be subsistance.Not meaning the Harper's couple. In a sense, I think inflation is seriously understated if you count these "nescessities" My friend Susan had to leave my hood, nice houses, low rent shit schools, when she got custody of her niece. Luckily, soon after that, her education started paying off a bit, very belatedly.

Max, and Brad if you're out there. Have you ever heard the total non-deductibility of health insurance premiums for individuals brought up as a political issue.

Have you ever heard likewise about the fact that folks without 401ks need IRA limits above the current $2000.

If not, I wonder why not. It may be a small group, but I would imagine a high voting group. This issues seem like such obvious ones for the Dems. Can I find out how many folks are in these situations anywhere that you know of?

Back to the leaves. pms

****Speaking of penises(penii?), George, Gracie the sweet orphan kitten who lives behind the azaleas, wild brother, was successfully captured at 8:30am, EST, and is presently in the process of gonad removal and, hopefully, a civilized re-entrance to society.