US auto Nazis

Sam Pawlett epawlett at uniserve.com
Tue Dec 1 16:17:39 PST 1998

Hi Barkley. I book you might want to check out is "All Honorable Men" by James Stuart Martin published by Little Brown in 1950. Martin worked for either the State Department or the Treasury and was in charge of the de-nazification of German capital after WWII. He resigned on grounds that it wasn't happening. Martin alleges that Ford and GM received reparation payments after the war for factories that were destroyed in Germany during Allied bombing runs. Other good books on this topic are the works of George Seldes, Charles Higham "Trading With the Enemy" and a book called "German Dies and American Dupes." I forget the author. Another good source is Doug Dowd who i once heard interviewed on the topic. Sam Pawlett.