class nature of classical music

William S. Lear rael at zopyra.com
Tue Dec 1 20:10:48 PST 1998

On Fri, November 27, 1998 at 22:40:05 (-0800) Eric Pawlett writes:
>Sorry Bill, I garbled my reply. I'm a real novice on the computer so
>you'll have to forgive me. Some of the comments I made are in the body
>of your message. I forgot to mention the piece you mentioned by Ed
>Herman in Z about Mozart. I read Z and buy it mostly for the brilliant
>columns by Herman and Chomsky. I don't recall the Herman piece in
>question but if you feel like it, could you mention what issue of Z it
>is in? I's love to read it.
>
>Sorry for any inconvience.

Not at all. Ed Herman just replied to my query to him about this and he said it was in the December 1991 issue of Z. He also recommends Maynard Solomon's book on Mozart. He does say that, in his opinion, the psychoanalysis is a bit overdone, but Solomon "has profound things to say about the family relationships and other matters".

I did try searching the ZNet site for this article, but the search engine was down. I imagine it's not there. If you need me to, I can dig through my old issues (there around here somewhere, I think) and send you a copy.

Bill