The biggest corporate phallus of all times

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 02:09:40 PST 1998

In message <s66555ef.053 at mail.ci.detroit.mi.us>, Charles Brown <CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us> writes

>Does the phallus have an other ?

One of the barriers to teaching post-structuralism in England (tonight I'm off to Richmond to lecture on Bataille and the Erotic) is that "the Other" was a music-hall euphemism for fucking. Anybody not frozen from the neck down by degree study could be guaranteed to splutter and smirk like a reluctant sex education class at the mere mention of 'the other'.

Yes, I know the British sense of humour is juvenile, but there you are. -- Jim heartfield