Lists and party line

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Thu Dec 3 23:26:56 PST 1998

At 09:13 AM 12/1/98 -0500, LP wrote:

>Yes, it is true that I am a Menshevik. It is also true that I am an
>ultraleftist.

True.

>As well as having an advanced case of flatulence.

Personal qualities are not politically important but his sudden diversion again into personal farce is perhaps not so irrelevant as it sounds, despite the typical misrepresentation of Malecki as my friend.

One of the points on which Lenin criticised opportunism was for its elusiveness. "An opportunist will put his name to any formula and as readily abandon it, because opportunism is precisely a lack of definite and firm principles." (WITBD 1902)

If LP's admission of flatulence is a serious self criticism for this tendency of his, perhaps ironically he will prove me to be wrong.

Chris Burford

London.