Evan Parker et al

alec ramsdell a_ramsdell at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 5 18:55:10 PST 1998

Alex Locasio wrote:

>Don't even mention Evan Parker in the same sentence as Kenny Gore-Lick.
>
>Parker is a genius. I think Peter Brotzmann's Machine Gun album should
>be the soundtrack for any Marxist revolution. And maybe some stuff by
>Cecil Taylor and Charles Gayle, too.

Sounds good to me. The Schlippenbach Trio is amazing, definitely Alex V Schlippenbach is up there with Cecil Taylor for me. "Physics" and "Elf Bagatellen" are simply amazing.

Do you know anything about Evan Parker's politics? I remember seeing a photo of him wearing a "Cole not Dole" pin in front of a record store.

-Alec