too much nature in New York

Wed Dec 9 20:16:45 PST 1998

I don't see a way to improve living standards *fast* *enough* for enough people to make them willing to devote the resources needed to avoid massive environmental damage over the next century. Poor people tend not to put too high a weight on preserving tiger habitat, and rich countries have (so far) been unable to provide poor nations with large enough incentives to do so.

If you have a strategy I'd love to adopt it...

Brad DeLong