I heart Brad Pitt; animation is key

Thu Dec 10 11:30:07 PST 1998

SnitgrrRl and Rob,

My participant observation of the issues you discuss below is that there may be some slight differences in aesthetics correlated with ethnicity.

In lots of parts of Detroit, saying "you have big legs" is a definite compliment.

Could you put a picture of Brad Pitt on the list ? I don't go to the movies much
:>). Denzell Washington
and Toni Braxton are considered lookers here.

I thought Monica looked pretty fresh in some of the pictures I saw.

I always liked that mole that Marilyn Monroe had on her face.

A thing about looks to me is that it is dynamic. The key to attractiveness is one's animation, how one moves. The fixed size and shape of the body is no more important than how one animates, walks, postures, dances; is lively. You know dialectics, motion, life.

The trouble with movie and tv stars is that you really can't fully sense their motion and animation because they are not in person.

Black is beautiful.

Charles Brown

>>> <d-m-c at worldnet.att.net> 12/10 12:07 PM >>>
G'day Rob

>Only ever heard Monica was fat from a couple of youngish women.

Well 'twas all over the place around here: Leno, Letterman, Sat Night Live, and the like.

>I remember
>an Australian study which compared body shapes between girlie magazines (eg
>Penthouse) and women's magazines (eg Cosmo).

I think the key word here is 'body shapes' whereas I think we're talking body *size*