It's a Battlefield Out There

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Sun Dec 13 14:26:06 PST 1998

<<

Perhaps Justin can summarize his paper. Certainly, in the text of

_Karl Marx's Theory of History_ he presents his analysis of Marx as

drawing upon Hempel's treatment of scientific explanations. In fact

Hempel is virtually the only philosopher of science, cited by Cohen

in that book. If is is Justin's thesis that Cohen was not being a

Hempelian, then that this is going to require some argumentation.

It's in the paper. It's also been years since I worked through it and I can't recall just now how it goes. --jks