From Heidegger to Pomos

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Sun Dec 13 14:30:20 PST 1998

<< JKSCHW at aol.com wrote:

> you hace to rember I am alsoa student of Rorty's

explain to me the fascination with rorty - never could see it myself. looks to me

like rhetorical anti-foundationalism in the service of the great conversation

between the greats... or am i thinking of someone else? care to elaborate?

On what, exactly? Rorty talks taht way and he's often rather vague and windy. But on many things and perthaps longer ago than makes me comfortable to recall, he has been deep and interesting. I was a student of his at Tigertown in the 1970s, when he was still writing Philosophy and the Mirror of Nature, a brilliant and tendentious book. --jks