Billy C

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Dec 17 20:24:47 PST 1998

Nathan Newman wrote:

>On the more general level, why does the left object more to military-based
>violence and death than to economic-based sanctions?

Who said that Nathan? The sanctions have been brutal, murderous, quasi-genocidal, and Clinton's a shit for perpetuating them - but what do you expect from the chief executive of the world bourgeoisie, eh? But the spectacle of violence is horrible - this absolute jouissance of murder, pure imperial excess - we can bomb you & you're powerless to respond. On TV, live. It's fucking horrible, Nathan, don't you think? Rickey Ray Rector multiplied by thousands.

Doug