Billy C

William S. Lear rael at zopyra.com
Thu Dec 17 21:19:00 PST 1998

On Thu, December 17, 1998 at 16:37:18 (-0500) Doug Henwood writes:
>Over the last few months I've found myself defending Clinton against the
>vile creeps who want to impeach him. Having written almost nothing but
>diatribes against him since 1992, this was a strange feeling. Now, after
>this attack on Iraq, I think the hell with him. I hope he suffers. Impeach
>the bastard, humiliate him. Make the U.S. look absurd in the eyes of the
>world.

No. I can't support this. You were right the first time. Very right. So right you made me think hard about what I felt myself. Clinton, if he is to go down in flames, will go down in the flames of essentially a bogus sexual misconduct charge, and of lying to a band of cheaters, liars, and inhuman monsters who are only marginally lower than himself on the scale of criminals. His real crimes will not surface, and we will have, by punishing the very least of his crimes, taught that these are the most extreme things that he has done. He, and all the shit he has perpetuated against the most defenseless in our (US and global) society, will be flushed.

If it were Nixon facing impeachment, do you seriously mean to say you would want him to pay for attacking other criminals? I think that I just might defend even Nixon today from the charges that were leveled against him. He should have been tried on charges of genocide and various crimes against humanity, not larceny and deception.

Think about it: this is a mob trial. The Don is being called to task for what amounts to offending the other families.

Clinton is a dangerous sociopath (apparently a prerequisite for higher office) and should be tried and convicted of his real crimes, not for spitting on the sidewalk.

Sure, it'll feel good to see the knife twist in his belly. But when you realize who is holding the handle of the bloody instrument, and what their motives are...

Bill