culture and illness

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 19 07:57:03 PST 1998

In message <199812190319.UAA29627 at smtp02.primenet.com>, Doyle Saylor <djsaylor at primenet.com> writes
> You seem to have the desire to label someone morally bad?
>What about an addict? Are they morally bad?

Most of the addicts I've known are pretty reprehensible characters. Emotional parasites, always willing to dump their problems on you. Addiction is an easy excuse for bad behaviour. Nobody is making you buy that drink, or jack up. I usually steer well clear of them. Isn't that a justifiable discrimination? Should we not discriminate between those who help us and those who abuse us? -- Jim heartfield