Billy C

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Dec 19 09:17:50 PST 1998

rc&am wrote:

>does anyone know of the details of the guy who was killed by (i think)
>injection in an arkansas prison during clinton's first run for the
>presidency? i saw a doco some time back, and bill specially took time
>off during the campaign to go and sign the death order. he was being
>accused by the republicans of being soft on criminals. just saw
>clinton on the telly saying no one in their right mind would beleive
>he ordered the bombings to saty in power. he looks to me like a
>serial killer. i'm sure the fbi profiles of serial killers would
>match him.

Not to psychologize politics too much, but Clinton does have a touch of the sociopathic personality - or, in the taxonomy of the fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Assocation (DSM-IV), 301.7 - Antisocial Personality Disorder. Features include "deceit and manipulation" in service of personal profit or pleasure, destruction of property, violation of the rights of others, impulsiveness, absence of remorse, superficial charm, etc. It's closely related to borderline, schizoid, and narcissistic personality disorders, but criminal behavior is an important feature of the antisocial personality as opposed to the other types.

Rickey Ray Rector was a black guy who killed someone in a robbery (I think that's what it was), and, despairing at what he'd done, turned the gun on his own head. He survived, but with severe brain damage. He had no idea what was happening to him. In the final days of his life, he saw Clinton on a prison TV and said he liked that guy and was going to vote for him for president. At his last meal, he left his dessert - apple pie, I think, like a good American - to come back to after whatever that strange procedure involving him was over. At the moment of the fatal jab, the "docs" had a hard time finding a good vein; Rickey helped them.

Doug