Kilander on WSJ

Greg Nowell GN842 at CNSVAX.Albany.Edu
Wed Dec 23 11:41:10 PST 1998

This post was right on. I love the WSJ but I've recently stopped reading it. I just couldn't stomach the editorial pages.

I do know that one of the editorial page guys is a friend of the Scaife/Starr set. But what I can't figure out is how a paper which appeals to high income well educated people thinks that its best political-marketing strategy lies in a right-wing quasi fundamentalist political agenda. My take on their best political strategy is a kind of Rockefeller Republicanism.

If anyone could provide sound "materialist" reasons for the schizoid character of the paper, please let me know. And please post to me privately as well as LBO, as sometimes I miss LBO things. -gn

-- Gregory P. Nowell Associate Professor Department of Political Science, Milne 100 State University of New York 135 Western Ave. Albany, New York 12222

Fax 518-442-5298