The Psychic Life of the Living Dead

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 25 06:38:56 PST 1998

> most political economists don't know squat about culture or
>the psychic life of power, and are often hostile to the effort of
>understanding it, denouncing it as mystical or decadent. And most cultural
>radicals, Marxist or not, don't know squat about political economy

Everyone knows about the psychic life of power, I think. Especially those that don't have any. They just may not know, they know. Who can grow up in a patriachal society, that worships domination, and not know?

Maybe cultural analysis should be replaced by story collectors. 'Course story collectors probably wouldn't command the same level of compensation.

Grouchy