computer purchase

Daniel drdq at m5.sprynet.com
Tue Dec 29 20:49:59 PST 1998

Francis,

Be sure to check out the internet auction sites for that computer for your parents. I bought two computers this year from online auctions. I got a SCSI server for a little over $800, and haven't seen anything like it for less than $3000. Some people don't seem to realize, however, that you have to bid as low as possible. Some initial prices are very low, and some guy comes in and bids it up hundreds of dollars. I just don't get it. Anyway, you also have to be lucky.

Daniel