there's no such thing as positivism

Fellows, Jeffrey jmf9 at cdc.gov
Wed Dec 30 12:04:59 PST 1998

I also like E.K.Hunt's "Empiricism and Rationalism" piece (1970s) which I think was in the Eastern Economic Review.

Jeff

-----Original Message----- From: Sam Pawlett [mailto:epawlett at uniserve.com] There's lots of work on the positivism in social science question. My favorite is Martin Hollis/Ed Nell _Rational Economic Man_ and Hollis _the Philosophy of Social Science. What's the old saying? Neoclassical economics; you have to be smart enough to understand it and stupid enough to believe it.

Sam Pawlett.