GM strike

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Thu Jul 2 07:57:38 PDT 1998

Dear Mr. Yates, Is surplus value in the auto industry another way of saying the gross profit margin in the auto industry? A car that costs X amount of dollars to produce, ends up selling for Y amount of dollars in the dealers showroom, is the difference between X and Y the gross profit margin or the surplus value? Estimate X. Estimate Y. Give an example.

Fraternally yours, Tom Lehman