paranoid Jews? (was: RE: Michael Lerner bashing)

Thu Jul 2 17:58:20 PDT 1998

>Do you really think this is paranoia is justified in the case of
>assimilated, successful US Jews? Or are you going to suggest that "the
>tide could turn for US Jews at any moment? I suspect US Jewish paranoia is
>a cynical ploy to get a disproportionate amount of attention/political
>favors for pet projects such as Israel and Holocaust museums?
>
>Frances

ummm....

There seems to be a rather large category mistake here...

*Group* feelings of paranoia are *never* cynical ploys. Cynical ploys require a leadership and a party line and do not, in any event, create group "feelings".

Unless, of course, you wish to maintain that the claim to feel paranoia is part of obedience to a cynical ploy decreed by the Elders of Zion?...

Brad DeLong