paranoid Jews? (was: RE: Michael Lerner bashing)

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Jul 3 09:17:16 PDT 1998

> Do you really think this is paranoia is justified in the case of
> assimilated, successful US Jews? Or are you going to suggest that "the

no, but informed Jews know that the same could have been said about German Jews before Hitler. That little fact is hard to escape.

> tide could turn for US Jews at any moment? I suspect US Jewish paranoia is
> a cynical ploy to get a disproportionate amount of attention/political
> favors for pet projects such as Israel and Holocaust museums?

I doubt it. The museums etc are a recent development. Regarding Israel, I think the line of causality runs in the other direction: paranoia buttresses the case for supporting Israel for Jews.

Of course, in any political cause there are those who exploit matters for narrow motives.

MBS