paranoid Jews? (was: RE: Michael Lerner bashing)

Nurev at Kreative.net Nurev at Kreative.net
Fri Jul 3 10:50:24 PDT 1998

Frances Bolton (PHI) wrote:

> Do you really think this is paranoia is justified in the case of
> assimilated, successful US Jews? Or are you going to suggest that "the
> tide could turn for US Jews at any moment? I suspect US Jewish paranoia is
> a cynical ploy to get a disproportionate amount of attention/political
> favors for pet projects such as Israel and Holocaust museums?
>
> Frances

Where do you come off dicussing Jewish " paranoia?" Why isn't this considered racist? Would not list members respond strongly if Bolton ascribed the feelings of American Blacks as paranoid for thinking that Whites invented the Aids epidemic to wipe them out? This is certainly foolish, but based on past experience I wouldn't call it paranoid.

The audacity of this person to ascribe to Jews a kind of " paranoia for profit" as Bolton does is dishonest as well as insulting. Most Jews are well familiar with their history. They know quite well the experiences of their forbears in Spain, Holland, and yes Germany too, where they enjoyed the freedoms of citizen- ship, only to have things change in an instant.

I'm familiar with Bolton's Palestinian agenda. I'm somewhat surprised as to how easily anti-Jewish racism is overlooked among this group.

Joshua2