paranoid Jews? (was: RE: Michael Lerner bashing)

Frances Bolton (PHI) fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Sat Jul 4 08:48:57 PDT 1998

I'm in the middle of a reponse to the thoughtful comments of Jay Hecht and Max Sawicky. But, just briefly, I don't think my comments were anti-semitic, I think they are self-critical, as I'm Jewish. Do you really think a non-Jew would be stupid/audacious enough to make such comments on a list that wasn't explicitly racist/anti-semitic/white supremicist? I'm not sure where you got the "Palestinian agenda" from my post.

Out of curiousity, I've been waiting to see how long it would take for someone to denounce me as being anti-semitic. You're absolutely right in pointing out that, had I made a similar comment about Blacks or what Yoshie inexplicably calls "sexual dissidents," I would have been criticized far sooner. Jay and Max were extremely gentle in their criticism, I thought.

I do think it is disengenuous of US Jews to compare our current situation to Germany in the 20s and early 30s.

Good Shabbos, Frances