a brief flame to the lovers of feudalism was Re: On the desirability of regicide was Re: In defense of the Dalai, sort of (Re: Gays and the Dalai)

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Mon Jul 6 21:38:30 PDT 1998

At 08:33 PM 7/6/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Re:
>
>>But you said it all actually when you describe the Dalai as a "deposed
>>king." Believe it or not Frances, I think kings are scum. To talk of ad
>>hominem attacks in such a context is nonsense. Of course you attack them.
>>Bring back the tumbrels I say.
>>

>And general secretaries are the salt of the earth? :-)

The answer to this is 'yes of course!'. Compared to life under the feudal filth, humanity made progress under the general secretaries. This nostalgia for the quaint and the privileged is beginning to piss me off. It is so nauseatingly American. By that I mean it comes from a position of material privilege. People should read Trotsky's _In Defence of Marxism_ before they go all wet eyed over the Dalai Lama.

I excuse Barkley because he is not a Marxist and besides we have been in cyber space together for so long. But enough is enough. Much more of this and I might even take out a sub to Living Marxism.

Wake up you idiots who want to take a trip down nostalgia lane to feudalism. Life was nasty, brutish and short and please spare me the crap left over from the Cold War. I get enough of it every day from the anarchists here in Brisbane.

regards

Gary