Cuba videos (fwd)

Frances Bolton (PHI) fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Tue Jul 7 14:52:48 PDT 1998

Briefly returning to the gay Cuban thread, this was sent to me today and I thought there might be some interest.

Frances

Quality Paperback Book Club (1-800-998-1979) is selling three videos about Cuba.

*A&E's Fidel Castro: El Comandante *I Am Cuba * Butterflies on the Scaffold

Unfortunately, the last film is advertised as follows.

"What is it like to live on the forbidden margins of one of the world's most repressive societies? Find out with this frank, courageous film about the gay and drag commuinty in a small working-class town in modern Cuba. More hopeful than you would expect...in fact, even inspiring."

Shall we laugh or cry at the ignorance?