Raise the living standards of poor people

chang chang at public.shenzhen.cngb.com
Thu Jul 9 06:04:58 PDT 1998

Dear Tom Lehman, Did you read my explanation of my Spiral Model of Economic Growth? And did you read my article "What should we do to raise the living standards of poor people?"website: <http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Exchange/3058/poor.htm>? In these articles, I don't spend large percentages of GDP on the military, and I don't spend a large percentage of GDP on the construction, maintenance and operation of prisons. I just said: "If a country spend a few percentage of their GDP on the military, unemployment would decrease. And it is one of the ways to solve the problem of unemployment but not the best way. When there are still a lot of people suffering from cold and hunger in a country, they should spend a large percentage of their GDP on raising the living standards of poor people."

Why did you write: "If you go the military Keynesian route and spend large percenages of your GDP on the military, then that is the directions your markets will take, and that is the path to war or national bankruptcy. If you spend a large percentage of your GDP on the construction, maintenace and operation of prisons, then you will have a prison economy with markets geared to meet the needs of prison industry."?

Sincerely, Ju-chang He

-- Ju-chang He SHENZHEN, P.R. CHINA E-mail address: <chang at public.shenzhen.cngb.com> Welcome to visit My Home Page at <http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Exchange/3058/>