Raise the living standards of poor people

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Tue Jul 7 12:50:04 PDT 1998

Dear Chang, There are a lot of very smart people who read this list. Matter of fact, most of the people who read this list are probably smarter than me!

I personally don't agree with everything anyone says all of the time. To my way of thinking, everyone makes their little contribution to human progress. No one is always correct 100% of the time!

If you go the military Keynesian route and spend large percenages of your GDP on the military, then that is the directions your markets will take, and that is the path to war or national bankruptcy. If you spend a large percentage of your GDP on the construction, maintenace and operation of prisons, then you will have a prison economy with markets geared to meet the needs of prison industry.

Sincerely, Tom