ontology of class and race? (was Alabama and Tibet (?))

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Jul 9 07:36:54 PDT 1998

At 04:36 PM 7/8/98 -0400, Rakesh wrote: Wojtek

>Wojtek you saw the full letter I wrote to the Nation; after all, I
>submitted it here. The most laughable thing about Alterman's reply is
>promulgation of the New Deal as the kind of class politics he supports
>over identity politics. I don't have the Nation with me, so from what I
>remember...

Thanks for your clarification. It looks like The Nation did a hatchet job, quoting (but to printing) your comments out of context.

Best regards,

Wojtek

PS. I will not be able to answer any missives for th enext couple of days because I'm going out of town.