The World Accroding to Robert Merton

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Jul 9 12:26:55 PDT 1998

[ wow, risking getting slapped for too many postings ... ]

Doug Henwood wrote:

> I won't even mention that most amateurs who trade futures and
> options lose their shirts, because that'd be too obvious.

And single males under the age of 23 who buy superbikes have a life expectency of 9 months. So? You should be happy that there are so many fools who wish to part with their money in the markets, because for every idiot tossing his money into the pot there's a peach farmer somewhere who can continue to keep his farm in the face of El Nine-o.

/jordan